- I have a huge bee in my bonnet about non-valid HTML. (When I have acquired enough arsedness points, I'm going to rewrite my livejournal styles so that they all validate.)
- While I could get Netscape 6, I don't really have space on the laptop's hard drive.
- I refuse to use IE, because it has memory leaks and hard disc leaks, to say nothing of the security issues. Before I got Opera, I set IE's disc cache to be 20MB. It completely ignored this instruction. 800MB later I was running out of hard disc space. So I tried to use the "clear disc cache" option to get rid of it, IE claimed the disc cache had been cleared, but the files were still there. Explorer would not let me delete the files manually, so I had to hack the registry to get rid of them. That was the last straw that made me download Opera.
- The Sims Resource is a site that you have to pay for access to. I have paid good money, and now I can't use it. The support people there say "we have only ever supported IE 5 and Netscape 6, so it's your problem". Well, until the most recent update, they might have said that, but I could still view the site without any trouble in Opera. Now, it crashes the browser.
- What I'm going to have to do is use Mozilla on the linux box, download all of the Sims stuff I want, then transfer it across the internal network to the laptop. I believe the phrase for this is "a complete fucking fiasco".
I am so angry I'm steaming! I know it's a stupid thing to get upset about, but lately all sorts of small things have been pissing me off - I'm probably premenstrual, or something. I'm absolutely mad, and I don't know how to argue my case that they bloody well should use valid HTML, when probably 90% of the sites on the internet don't. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
(I need an angry userpic - one of a wolfy with Big Teeth snarling. I'll have to look for one).