But I've stopped praying for it to be replaced with something else. 'Cos yesterday, after hours of begging my mind to snap out of it, I got another earworm. Sheryl fucking Crow's "Every Day is a Whining Road". Otherwise known as something really high in my Least Favourite Songs Ever chart. Frantic panic ensued as I tried to get that out of my head. It eventually got replaced with ... "Come on Eileen". Argh!
Songs I'd like to never hear again:
- "Come on Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners.
- "Don't Marry Her" and "Rotterdam" by the Beautiful South. And indeed, most other things by the Beautiful South.
- "Oops I Did It Again" by Britney Spears.
- Anything by Sheryl Crow.
- "Wuthering Heights" by Kate Bush.
- The Mekon song on Amplitude. (I strongly agree with Epsilon Lancer, writer of the Amplitude lyric FAQ on GameFaqs, who wrote "I introduce to you, the worst song on the Amplitude playlist, MEKON! Thanks to Vicki Day for suffering repeatedly to get these lyrics.")
- "Amazing" by Aerosmith, as it's syrupy and mawkish and horrible compared to their old stuff (and indeed, to the album they made after that one)
I'm sure there are some others, but I (thankfully) can't remember them at the moment.
If I've just insulted your favourite song, remember this is just my opinion and I'm sure you hate some things I love :)