?

Log in

No account? Create an account
don't eat 8-day-old chickpeas! - helen-louise
baratron
baratron
don't eat 8-day-old chickpeas!
Ooog. Remind me never to eat 8-day-old chickpeas again. I thought they were well-enough cooked to kill off any food poisoning germs, but they're not agreeing with me. Could be I killed off the bacteria but the toxins they produced were left behind. I, er, kinda forgot about toxins.

So I'm mildly nauseous. I'll be fine, don't think it's "proper" food poisoning, just feeling a bit blergh. It wasn't detectable by smell or taste, though, and food going off is usually noticeable. Most vegetables are either visibly damaged or smell sulphurous when off. However, chickpeas tend to smell odd when they're fresh out of the can or the stockpot, so I guess it's less easy to tell with them. Hence the note to self :)

Tags:
Current Music: Lemon Demon - Damn Skippy

3 comments or Leave a comment
Comments
syllopsium From: syllopsium Date: 22nd October 2006 00:20 (UTC) (Link)
eek. If you leave them out they do attract mould very quickly..
baratron From: baratron Date: 22nd October 2006 00:45 (UTC) (Link)
They'd been in the fridge in a sealed plastic box for the 8 days! I don't eat food that's been sitting around at room temperature, unless it's almost entirely non-perishable, like chocolate.
barakta From: barakta Date: 22nd October 2006 00:42 (UTC) (Link)
Ick. I hope you feel better soonest. Nothing worse than borderline dodgy food - except for fully dodgy food.
3 comments or Leave a comment