I travel every day from Kingston to London Bridge, a journey which should take 50 minutes door-to-door:
- 5 minutes to walk from home to the station
- 25 minutes from Kingston to Waterloo
- 5 minutes to walk from Waterloo to Waterloo East
- 7 minutes to get from Waterloo East to London Bridge
- 8 minutes to walk from London Bridge to work.
Today, it took far longer. Can you guess how long?
When I travelled into work this morning, I had a choice of several trains from Waterloo East to London Bridge. Which train do you think arrived first?
What time do you think the first train to arrive turned up?
The timetable says that there should be 6 trains from London Bridge to Waterloo East between 16:44 and 17:15. How many do you think actually made it?
In total, how long do you think my journey home from work took tonight?
Why do I bother trying to travel by train?
I look forward to seeing your answers :)