NAME 4 BAD HABITS YOU HAVE:
- Procrastination. I will put off just about everything except going to the toilet. There is a reason for this, which comes from the story I was told in which I learned the word "procrastinate". Yes, it is disgusting.
- Being easily distracted. Richard calls this "Look, there's a dog with a fluffy tail".
- Scratching fragrant parts of me and then sniffing my fingers. Any fragrant parts... ears, armpits, etc. I can see why this would be unpleasant, but I rather like to know what various parts smell like. And it's not my fault if you happen to be looking!
- Overusing the words "actually" and "really".
NAME 4 PEOPLE CURRENTLY ON YOUR BAD SIDE:
- South West Trains, as an entity. Some of their staff do their jobs extremely well. However, the rest let it down badly.
- Whoever decided to post an amendment to the Adoption Bill specifically excluding gay couples - damned Tories!
- Football fans. It used to drive me nuts in my research group at college when all work would stop because of football. If there was a match on the telly it was expected that you would go to watch it with everyone else. Bah. And I don't think watching the World Cup is an excuse to down pints until you fall over and puke in the gutter.
- The person who wrote this survey and insisted on 4 of everything.
NAME 4 SCENTS YOU LOVE:
- There is a certain kind of springtime smell that makes me feel warm and glowy inside. I can't describe it, but I would point it out to you if I ever smelled it.
- Quite a few food or cooking smells are either wonderful or completely abhorrent. Pretty much any meat cooking smell makes me feel sick, for example.
- If it's not nauseatingly cute to say so, I love the smell of Richard's chest and Alexa's (head) hair.
NAME 4 THINGS YOU'D NEVER WEAR:
- High heels. I simply cannot walk in anything higher than the heel on Doc Martens. Which isn't very high at all.
- Trainers, when not actually in or going to a gym.
- Designer clothes where labels are shown. I'll happily wear a t-shirt showing that I like a particular band, for instance, but I don't want to be a walking advert for a company. I see people going out dressed like Ali G, only not as a parody. That scares me.
- I wouldn't say I'd never wear them, but I certainly go out of my way not to wear tights. I hate them. I much prefer stockings, but they cost so much more. It's odd that 50 years ago stockings were commonplace and tights were a luxury item, whereas now it's the other way round. It's very hard to buy utility suspender belts - it's just assumed that women would only want to wear stockings as a fetish thing.
NAME 4 ANIMALS YOU LIKE:
- Ewoks (do they count?). Otherwise I am stuck thinking of a fourth animal. Big hairy spiders, then.
NAME 4 TV SHOWS YOU LOVE:
- Will & Grace
- That's about it... I don't really watch TV. Old episodes of Frasier, maybe. And Friends gets on my nerves, but I always seem to watch it anyway...
NAME 4 DRINKS YOU REGULARLY DRINK:
- London tap water. I generally prefer it to still mineral water, actually.
- Sparkling mineral water. Is it cheating to have two different sorts of water?
- Appletise, or any other sparkling apple or grape juice that's basically just juice and fizz.
- Lemon Tango. Sometimes Orange or Apple Tango, or Lemon Fanta.
NAME 4 ICE CREAM FLAVORS YOU LOVE:
- Haagen Dazs Strawberry Cheesecake
- Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough or Half-Baked
- Any really good vanilla or mint chocolate chip ice cream
- But I can't eat ice cream very often because of the lactose, so I'm mostly having Sainsbury's Lemon Sorbet at the moment (suitable for vegans).
NAME 4 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF:
- I love going to aquariums, but I have a 6 year old's approach to them. "Ooh, pretty fish". "Ew, ugly fish". "Oh, cool ugly fish!". You can guess that cool ugly fish win over normal ugly fish or pretty fish.
- My liking for eight-legged beasts actually came from an ex-boyfriend, and wasn't originally mine at all. In fact, the first toy octopus I bought was supposed to be a present for him, but I ended up keeping it myself.
- Heterosexual pornography and erotica does not turn me on in the slightest, but I love queer erotica of any variety.
- katyha's fact of "I invariably fail to take library books back on time" is also very true for me. At times I've paid so much in library fines that I thought I was keeping the local library afloat.
NAME 4 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOUR FAMILY:
- I have blood relatives on at least four continents: Europe, Asia, America and Australasia.
- I will never meet, or even know the names of, the vast majority of those people.
- Whilst this is true in the broader sense for most people, I'm talking about family in the sense of people related close enough to be on a family tree. My grandmother was something like one of 11 or more children to survive to adulthood, and all of her siblings had at least 4 or 5 kids. I have more than 30 cousins just on my dad's side of the family.
- My dad's family in the UK are a bunch of bigots. At least the older ones are. I've never really spoken to any of my generation, although I'd kinda like to come out to the two gay cousins I have.
I started to answer katyha's Guardian Q&A survey, but stopped when I realised the answers were far too depressing. ("What is your idea of perfect happiness?" - Being free from depression. "What is your greatest fear?" - Going mad, etc.)